Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive compound derived from the hemp plant. CBD crystals, also known as CBD isolate, are the purest form of CBD, containing over 99% CBD without any other compounds or cannabinoids. Here’s a look at the latest studies on CBD crystals and their potential benefits.
Pain Management CBD crystals may have the potential to alleviate pain. A study conducted in 2017 found that CBD crystals reduced pain and inflammation in rats with arthritis. The study concluded that CBD may be a safe and effective treatment option for arthritis pain.
Anxiety and Depression CBD crystals may also be an effective treatment for anxiety and depression. A study conducted in 2019 found that CBD crystals reduced anxiety in patients with social anxiety disorder. The study also found that CBD crystals improved the participants’ cognitive function and reduced their discomfort during public speaking.
Sleep Disorders CBD crystals may also have the potential to treat sleep disorders. A study conducted in 2019 found that CBD crystals improved sleep quality and reduced insomnia in patients with anxiety and sleep disorders. The study concluded that CBD may be a safe and effective alternative to prescription sleep medications.
Epilepsy CBD crystals may also be an effective treatment option for epilepsy. A study conducted in 2018 found that CBD crystals reduced seizure frequency in patients with epilepsy. The study involved 225 patients with severe epilepsy, and those who received CBD crystals experienced a significant reduction in seizure frequency.
Cancer CBD crystals may also have the potential to treat cancer. A study conducted in 2019 found that CBD crystals reduced the growth and spread of breast cancer cells in mice. The study concluded that CBD may be a promising therapeutic agent for breast cancer.
Side Effects and Risks While CBD crystals are generally considered safe, they may cause side effects in some cases. These can include dry mouth, nausea, and fatigue. Additionally, CBD crystals may interact with certain medications, so it’s important to consult with a healthcare provider before taking CBD crystals.
In conclusion, CBD crystals may offer several potential benefits, including pain management, anxiety and depression reduction, sleep disorder treatment, epilepsy treatment, and cancer treatment. While research in this area is still ongoing, preliminary findings suggest that CBD crystals may be a safe and effective natural remedy for a variety of health concerns. As with any new treatment option, it’s important to consult with a healthcare provider and choose high-quality, reputable products to ensure safety and effectiveness.
- Hammell, D. C., et al. “Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain‐related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis.” European Journal of Pain, vol. 20, no. 6, 2016, pp. 936-948.
- Linares, I. M., et al. “Cannabidiol presents an inverted U-shaped dose-response curve in a simulated public speaking test.” Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 41, no. 1, 2019, pp. 9-14.
- Shannon, S., et al. “Cannabidiol in anxiety and sleep: A large case series.” The Permanente Journal, vol. 23, 2019, pp. 18-041.
- Devinsky, O., et al. “Trial of cannabidiol for drug-resistant seizures in the Dravet syndrome.” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 376, no. 21, 2018, pp. 2011-2020.
- McKallip, R. J., et al. “Cannabidiol-induced apoptosis in human leukemia cells: A novel role of cannabidiol in the regulation of p22phox and Nox